- Permanent, Full-time position with a Fortnightly RDO
- Band 6A Salary $82,922.84 per annum plus statutory superannuation
- An exciting permanent full-time position for a Senior Arborist to join our passionate team
The Senior Arborist will play a pivotal role in ensuring the management and maintenance of the City of Ballarat's unique urban forest using best industry practice and in accordance with councils Tree and Road Management Plans.
The successful candidate will have:
- Diploma in Arboriculture or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Business management qualifications an advantage
- Minimum 10 years' experience in arboriculture
- Minimum 5 years' experience in local government tree management
- Qualified Tree Risk Assessment certification (QTRA)
- Extensive knowledge of workplace health and safety in relation to the Arboriculture Industry
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualifications and experience as listed above
- Experience in budget management and budgetary processes
- Demonstrated highly developed skills in team management and leadership
- Extensive experience in the engagement and management of contractors
- Highly developed skills in tree ID, disease diagnosis and plant function
- Extensive background in customer relations and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Values driven to meet organisational goals and outcomes
- Victorian Drivers Licence
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and submit your application. Applications close 12 noon Monday 6 February 2023.
Please ensure that you provide a cover letter and a current resume and address the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check.
For further information on this position, please contact Adam Clarke, Coordinator Urban Forest and Open Space on 0418 359 776.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility. We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.