- Fixed Term Full Time with a Monthly RDO - 8 month contract
- Band 8 Salary package of $114,663 per annum pro rata plus statutory superannuation
- An exciting opportunity to lead the people side of change in the roll out of multiple initiatives
The primary objective of this position is to successfully lead the Change Management function within the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), with a focus on rolling out key EPMO initiatives including the Project and Portfolio Management Tool CAMMs. This role will also work alongside the EPMO staff to support transition to the City of Ballarat’s new EPMO model.
This position will manage the day-today change management of council initiatives including change and upgrades of core IT and business projects.
The Change Manager will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organisation structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximise employee adoption and usage and minimise resistance.
The role is a full time fixed term position that will have a monthly rostered day off (RDO). This is an 8-month assignment with potential permanent position. The Band 8 salary package is $114,663 per annum pro rata plus statutory superannuation.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in change management, ideally within a project management environment or industry with transferable skills.
This business unit is driving cultural change across the organisation and seeks a confident, experienced candidate to engage and co-ordinate a network of change champions, who will support the implementation of the project change and communications activities.
Extensive experience with implementing and working within "cross-department" organisational change strategies and an understanding project schedule and change impact inter-dependencies will be critical to support successful outcomes.
Key Selection Criteria
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Business Management, Business Transformation, Change Management or a related discipline and relevant professional experience
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience and/or qualifications with Prosci ADKAR® Model or CCMP (Change Management Professional) would be an advantage
- Demonstrated change management ability with various project types
- An energetic, engaging and positive leader and team player with a track record contributing to broader organisational leadership, transformation and culture
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills to skilfully communicate complex issues and ideas to a variety of audiences to impact outcomes
- Experience and/or understanding of a PPM system (Portfolio & Project Management) would be advantageous, particularly experience within a Council environment with CAMMS
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and submit your application. Applications close 12 noon Monday 30 January 2023.
Please ensure that you provide a cover letter and a current resume and address the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check.
For further information on this position, please contact Angeline Dooley, EPMO Lead on 0407 112 073.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility. We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.