- Permanent, Full Time Positions (x 2)
- $74,737 per annum inclusive of applicable allowances plus statutory superannuation
The City of Ballarat currently has vacancies for Waste Collection Drivers within the Waste Collection section, to contribute to removal of residential waste for Ballarat's residents and visitors alike.
These are an ideal opportunity for a suitable experienced, enthusiastic person with team orientated values to join this dynamic team.
The successful applicants will be responsible for operating a current model waste compactor to collect garbage, recycle and green waste from residential kerbsides. There may also be opportunities to assist with other tasks required within the section.
This is a permanent, full-time position (Monday to Friday), with an annualised salary under the Ballarat City Council Enterprise Agreement No. 8 2019 $74,737 per annum inclusive of applicable allowances plus statutory superannuation.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualifications and experience as listed in the position description.
- Demonstrated ability to champion, model and promote the corporate values.
- Proven ability to provide high quality work within time constraints.
- Proven high level of skill and appropriate background in the application and use of waste collection vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a positive member of a team.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of local government or transport works practices.
- Sound understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- An Australian Heavy Vehicle Victorian Driver's Licence (HR) is essential, with an exemplary driving record.
To apply for this position please click on the Apply button and submit your application. The closing date for this position is 12 noon Monday 30 January 2023. Please ensure that you provide a cover letter, current resume and answer screening questions based on the key selection criteria.
For further information on the above position contact Ben Ethell, Supervisor Waste Collection Services on (03) 5320 7453.
The successful applicant will be required to under a full employment medical and police check.
The City of Ballarat is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.