- Permanent, full time
- Annualised Band 5 salary starting at $80,601.99 plus 10.5% super
- Join a leading event delivery team and shape your career in event management
Join our events team!
An exciting opportunity exists for a committed individual who can work cooperatively and positively to support the Events Unit as Events Support Officer at the City of Ballarat.
As the Events Support Officer, you will join a dynamic team who deliver the City of Ballarat events program. You will play a key role assisting in:
- Support the planning, development, promotion and delivery of an event program that meets the strategic needs of the Ballarat Event Strategy driving increased economic impact, brand perception and civic liveability.
- Activities including concierge service and support of external and home-grown Ballarat events, providing support to navigate the regulatory environment.
- Administrative and operational support to Event Officers to coordinate and implement all operational and delivery aspects associated with events managed by Council’s Events Team including but not limited to Ballarat Begonia Festival, Ballarat Heritage Weekend, Ballarat Winter Festival and others.
- Providing a high level of customer service, regulatory guidance and other general information to all internal and external event and community stakeholders.
- The coordination and implementation social media marketing for events within Council’s Events Team. Provide support in delivering and contract managing marketing and promotional activities associated with delivered events.
- Support the Tourism Events Grant Program and Ballarat Event Acquisition Program.
We are in search of individuals who:
- Can work flexibly, supporting the delivery of after hours and weekend events
- Communicate well with others, providing a high level of customer service, regulatory guidance and other general information to internal and external event and community stakeholders
- Are familiar with the regulatory environment events are delivered in, including risk management practices and event permit requirements
- Can coordinate and implement marketing and promotional activities
- Can undertake some physical work, for example setting up equipment required at events).
To apply please click on the Apply button and submit your application including a current resume, cover letter and brief statement addressing the key selection criteria.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 8 December 2022.
For further information on this amazing opportunity please contact Sarah Conaughton, Events Manager on 0407 874 183.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility. We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.