- Permanent, fulltime position – Annualised Salary $96,125 – $103,838.
- Be part of Ballarat’s major event calendar, delivering and contract managing events.
- Join a leading event delivery team and shape your career in event management.
Join our Events team!!
An opportunity exists for a confident and engaging individual to join the Events Unit as Events Officer to the lead the development, delivery, and promotion of a diverse range of events for Ballarat.
As the Events Officer, you will be part of a dynamic team who deliver the City of Ballarat events program. You will play a key role in:
- The delivery of an event program that meets the strategic needs of the Ballarat Event Strategy driving increased economic impact, brand perception and civic liveability.
- Successfully delivering on time and on budget, all events within the brief of the Events team. Events include but not limited to; the Ballarat Begonia Festival, Ballarat Heritage Festival, Ballarat Winter Festival, Commemorative Events, and Summer Sundays.
- Event coordination of high-quality safe events including all documentation associated with the regulatory permit process, including risk management engagement of suppliers, contractors and entertainers.
- Concierge support of major external events to assist them in navigating the regulatory permit process.
- Developing and implementing marketing and promotional strategies for events.
- The development and implementation of continuous improvement activities, including event calendar
What you’ll deliver
You will have the opportunity to be part of a wide range of events, installations and activations that take place in and around the surrounds of Ballarat including Ballarat Begonia Festival, Spilt Milk, Red Hot Summer Tour, Australian Road National Cycling Championships, Ballarat Heritage Festival, Ballarat Winter Festival and Christmas in Ballarat.
- Can work flexibly, supporting the delivery of after-hours and weekend events
- Communicate well with others, providing a high level of customer service, regulatory guidance and other general information to internal and external event and community stakeholders
- Are familiar with the regulatory environment events are delivered in, including risk management practices and event permit requirements
- Can coordinate and implement marketing and promotional activities
- Can undertake some physical work, for example setting up equipment required at events).
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, marketing or related field and/or significant experience in major event management will be expected.
To apply please click on the Apply button and submit your application including a current resume, cover letter and brief statement addressing the key selection criteria.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 8th December 2022.
For further information on this amazing opportunity please contact Sarah Conaughton, Events Manager on 0407 874 183.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility. We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.