- Full Time, Permanent position with a Monthly RDO
- Annual Band 6 Salary range from $82,922 to $89,577 plus statutory superannuation
- An exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing team in a fast-paced environment
Reporting to the Manager, Statutory Planning, the Senior Subdivisions Officer is a key member of the Statutory Planning Team. The Senior Subdivisions Officer leads the certification and Statement of Compliance processes, including managing Council’s relationship with a variety of referral authorities.
As a pivotal member of the team, the Senior Subdivisions Officer is also responsible for devising and implementing process improvements relevant to the role. As a lead technical professional, the Senior Subdivisions Officer is also an active participant in team meetings and assists in guiding discussions relating to the subdivision process.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, the City of Ballarat is seeking an experienced technical officer who has aspirations to develop their leadership skills. Candidates would ideally have rural/regional experience and an understanding of the planning controls and issues typical of such environments.
Candidates should also bring a positive attitude and have a desire to coach and mentor more inexperienced officers. Previous experience as a subdivisions officer is preferred though the candidate will be judged as much upon fit and the desired attitude as much as their technical capabilities.
Key Selection Criteria
- Post-secondary education qualification in a discipline relevant to Statutory Planning or experience in the subdivision process;
- An understanding of the Victorian planning system, including the Victoria Planning Provisions, the make-up of planning schemes, Planning and Environment Act 1987 and Subdivision Act 1988;
- Developed written and verbal communication skills, including customer service skills, ability to deal with conflict and preparation of external correspondence;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with other staff whilst managing own time and workload in order to ensure the Unit meets its Key Performance Indicators;
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing process improvement initiatives; and
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and the work area.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and submit your application. Applications close 12 noon Monday 5 December 2022.
Please ensure that you provide a cover letter and a current resume and address the key selection criteria.
For any additional questions, please contact Connor Perrott, Manager Statutory Planning on 0419 108 257.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.?We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.