- Permanent, Full-time positions available with a Fortnightly RDO
- Annual Band 2 Salary range from $56,609 to $58,766 plus applicable allowances and superannuation
- Enjoy the employee benefits the City of Ballarat has to offer!
Are you enthusiastic about maintaining high quality lawns and enjoy premium botanical settings?
Do you take pride in your work, have an eye for detail, and possess the skills to match?
If you answered YES, we want to hear from YOU!
This role will be based at the Botanical Gardens and will:
- Undertake gardens maintenance and improvement across the Ballarat Botanical Garden, Buninyong Botanic Gardens and Eureka Stockade Gardens
- Operate and maintain plant and equipment to enable maintenance activities to be completed across Parks and Gardens assets.
- Work as part of a team, utilising safe work practices with a positive can-do attitude working towards meeting Councils goals and vision.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in the horticultural field appropriate to this role.
- Plant operation skills in:
- Operation of mechanical plant and hand tools used in horticultural maintenance.
- Grass maintenance operations with a particular emphasis on mowing heights and techniques, fertiliser, and herbicide application.
- Commitment to effective management of health and safety issues especially relevant to this role.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to maintain daily records, read works instructions and perform chemical mixing and application calculations.
- Beneficial if Trade qualification in horticulture or Trade certificate or equivalent or completion of TAFE or industry-based training courses have been completed.
Any further licences required will be provided to the successful candidate and delivered by a supportive team.
To apply for this position, press the APPLY button and submit your current resume. Alternatively, you can send your current resume to the Applications Inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Monday 28 November 2022.
For further information on this position, please contact Donna Thomas, Acting Curator Parks and Nursery on 0439 381 853.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.?We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.? We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.??