- Permanent, Full-time position with a Monthly RDO
- Band 5A Salary $69,531 per annum plus statutory superannuation
- An exciting opportunity to work with close-knit building compliance team
The Technical Officer within the Building Services Department will provide additional support to Council’s Municipal Building Surveyor, the Coordinator of Building Services unit and the broader team.
The role undertakes a range of duties to fulfil Council’s statutory function, including, administration, processing and issuing of report and consent applications, responding to customer enquiries, customer complaints and assisting with enforcement matters.
As part of the Building Services Unit, you will be active in assisting Council to complete their statutory function under the Building Act, providing advice to internally and externally stakeholders on compliance matters, maintaining Council records and systems and supporting the Building Services unit in maintaining a safe built environment within the City of Ballarat Municipality.
The successful applicant will have a clear ability to interpret architectural plans and associated legislation regarding siting matters. In addition, a high level of communication, with a demonstrated ability to investigate and analyse data with a high level of attention to detail.
You will have the ability to comprehend Council statutory function within the constraints of the relevant legislation and recognise Council’s important role within this process.
The successful applicant will need to be able to work autonomously, whilst also being supportive across a team to work towards completing all tasks required by the Building Services Unit.
A current driver’s license is required.
Key Selection Criteria
- A willingness to undertake, currently enrolled or successfully completed a recognised building surveying course from a registered training authority; or similar experience interpreting architectural plans.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the Building Act, Building Regulations and National Construction Code and Council’s role to the built environment within its Municipality.
- A ‘can do’ approach with people, working cooperatively with teams and individuals across a range of service provision.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as Microsoft office and database packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S issues relevant to work activities and work area.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and submit your application. Applications close 12 noon Monday 28 November 2022.
Please ensure that you provide a cover letter and a current resume and address the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check.
For further information on this position, please contact Jason Foote, Coordinator Building Services on 0409 055 990.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.?We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.? We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.???