- Casual Positions
- Band 3A Casual $36.33 per hour inclusive casual leave loading (junior rates may apply)
- Location of work – Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre and outdoor pools
This position will work at Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre and across the City of Ballarat Seasonal Outdoor Pools (open approxiamtely Oct-March) providing lifeguarding services. Responsible for the supervision of aquatic users and ensuring their safety, this position will also require some cleaning and general administration duties. Through high levels of customer service and communication this position will enhance the aquatic experience of the people of Ballarat.
Key Selection Criteria
- Accreditation and experience in Lifeguard duties
- Understanding appropriate response and action to emergency and/or first aid incidents
- Demonstrated understanding of reporting and responding to hazards and issues of safety in a swimming pool environment
- Current Working with Children Check
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area
- Current Recognised Lifeguard Accreditation
- Current Recognised Level 2 First Aid
- Roster flexibility (After hours and weekend hours)
To apply for this position Click Apply Now. Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria and attach a cover letter with your resume.
For further information on the above position contact Allan Glenwright, Aquatic Services Team Leader on 0418 956 799 or via eamil firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, police check and provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.
We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace.
We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.