- Permanent, Full-time opportunity with a Monthly RDO
- Annual Band 3A Salary $57,955 plus applicable allowances and statutory superannuation
- An exciting opportunity to work with a hardworking, dedicated team at the Ballarat Animal Shelter
The Animal Handler is required to deliver, as part of the team, animal behaviour assessment, daily cleaning and care duties, and will provide support and advisory reporting to the shelter supervisor and across the shelter team in accordance with established policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
This role ensures the efficient and effective of animal workflow procedures throughout the shelter environment and will be able to provide customer service and advice for the department in successful pet rehoming and animal behaviour.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a fast paced, highly emotive industry with all animals, ideally within a shelter/boarding kennel/daycare environment or industry with transferable skills.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and information technology, coupled with high level communication and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated ability to investigate and analyse data with a high level of attention to detail.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to conduct dog behaviour/ temperament testing for adoption programs
- Ability to prepare reports both written and orally to senior staff members relating to dog assessments progress
- Knowledge and understanding of the health and safety risks associated to this position.
- Ability to work in a highly emotive environment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office
- Well-developed communication skills, focusing on customer service excellence.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of animal husbandry practices.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and submit your application. Applications close 12 noon Monday 22nd August 2022.
Please ensure that you provide a cover letter and a current resume and address the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check.
For further information on this position, please contact Clare Douglas-Haynes, Coordinator Animal Services on 0419 346 565.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.