- Permanent, Full-time Finance Professional Opportunity
- Annualised band 6 salary range from $98,166 to $106,044 per annum (inclusive of statutory super)
- Monthly RDO
About the City of Ballarat
The City of Ballarat, 100km west of Melbourne’s CBD is one of the largest inland regional cities in the country. Ballarat is uniquely located with easy access to Melbourne, Geelong and Bendigo and is the Western Victorian capital for a region of 250,000 people.
The City of Ballarat has a growing economy that attracts and retains innovative businesses, employs a highly skilled workforce and attracts new residents whilst promoting the city’s unique heritage and vibrant cultural life. It has all the services, retail and entertainment opportunities you'd find in a capital city but with a relaxed country attitude. With affordable housing at a fraction of Melbourne prices and a progressive leadership team, now is a great time to join the City of Ballarat.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a finance professional to join the Financial Services team as Management Accountant. The Financial Services teams’ role is to provide meaningful data and reporting to support the Executive Leadership Team in making business decisions.
The role of the Management Accountant is to:
- Provide support to all areas in relation to financial reporting, business cases, analysis and interpretation of results
- Prepare and analyse monthly financial reports for various areas as required
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget (and revised budget where required)
- Proactively provide clear & meaningful technical advice to others which is able to be understood and applied
- Provide training and support to officers in relation to budgeting, forecasting, the use of financial applications and other business support issues
- Develop financial system reports as required for the purposes of reporting and analysis
- Manage the Grants Register and any acquittals related to grants
- Support system generated reporting to ensure it is timely and accurate
This is a busy and challenging role, in which you will be required to support a diverse range of services and managers across various business units in order to achieve the objective of the role.
You will require:
- The ability to contribute positively in a team environment to achieve common objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to gain co-operation, discuss and resolve problems with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and techniques in dealing with all levels of both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising one’s own work, and where appropriate that of other employees, to achieve specific and set objectives in the most efficient way possible within the resources available and within a set timetable.
- Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure processes are adhered to and new changes are responded to positively.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and business systems, processes and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of accounting procedures, techniques and policies.
- Proficient in the utilisation of computer based financial systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma qualification in accounting related discipline with related experience.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or CPA Australia member (CPA) preferred.
Key Selection Criteria
- Degree or Diploma qualification in accounting related discipline.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen to and understand the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in assisting users in budget processes.
- Demonstrated skills in task management.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement of financial and business systems, processes, procedures, reporting and the end user experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Financial Accounting Systems especially in utilising Finance Reporting for analysis purposes.
To apply for this position please click apply and submit your application.
The closing date for this position is 5:00pm Thursday 18 August 2022. Please ensure that you provide a cover letter, current resume and answer screening questions based on the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check.
For further information on this position please contact Andrew Dart, Coordinator Management Accounting on 03 5337 4117