- Permanent, full time position
- Annualised Band 6 ($94,798 - $102,405 + super)
- Exciting opportunity to showcase your skills in community events
An opportunity exists for a confident and engaging Events Officer to join the Events Unit forming part of the Community Wellbeing Division.
We are seeking a committed individual who can work cooperatively and positively in a team environment, to assist the Events Unit in the development, delivery and promotion of a diverse range of events for Ballarat.
Reporting to the Events Manager applicants should be able to demonstrate experience with;
- Project management and event coordination including developing and implementing traffic management plans, event site plans, emergency management plans and procedures, supplier and performer contracting, with an understanding of relevant building, and environmental regulations.
- Effective management of resources (including budgets) allocated to specific projects
- Liaison with relevant industry and community bodies to leverage greater yield and social outcomes for events
- Ability to provide high level customer service, regulatory guidance and other general information to internal and external event and community stakeholders to ensure safe events are maintained.
Tertiary qualifications in event management, marketing or related field and/or significant experience in major event management will be required.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work flexible hours including after hours and on weekends and undertake some physical work (e.g. setting up equipment required at events).
This role is a Permanent Full Time Band 6 position. Please note out of hours work will be required.
For further information on this role please see the position description or contact Sarah Conaughton, Events Manager on 0407 874 183.
Click on the Apply button and upload your cover letter, current resume and statement addressing the position description selection criteria before the closing date, Monday 29th August 2022.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.?We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.? We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.?