- Balance your lifestyle and career in beautiful Ballarat
- An exciting opportunity to join our Information and Communication Technology team
- We have two permanent full-time positions
About the City of Ballarat
The City of Ballarat, 100km west of Melbourne’s CBD is one of the largest inland regional cities in the country. Ballarat is uniquely located with easy access to Melbourne, Geelong and Bendigo and is the Western Victorian capital for a region of 250,000 people.
The City of Ballarat has a growing economy that attracts and retains innovative businesses, employs a highly skilled workforce and attracts new residents whilst promoting the city’s unique heritage and vibrant cultural life. It has all the services, retail and entertainment opportunities you'd find in a capital city but with a relaxed country attitude. With affordable housing at a fraction of Melbourne prices and a progressive leadership team, now is a great time to join the City of Ballarat!
Why join City of Ballarat?
It is an exciting time to be part of the City of Ballarat as we continue our transformation towards better, smarter solutions that deliver more security and prosperity for our community. We are big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development.
Our new Business Systems Support Officers will manage the implementation and support of Business Systems platforms at City of Ballarat.
This role will be responsible for effectively analysing, remediating and participating in support of Business Systems application platforms, while managing risk, workload, scope, capacity and schedule.
This position will work closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in the operation and support of Business Systems platforms to ensure that business needs are met, and continuous improvement is achieved. This may include, but is not limited to, third-party vendors, project sponsors, end-users, business and technical partners, and senior management.
Your key duties will include:
- Manage, control, direct and allocate the activities of staff and contractors within the Team based on production priorities.
- Focus on customer benefit by ensuring all business initiative activities align with budget and strategic direction of the Team.
- Identify opportunities for application optimisation, redesign, or process improvement, with particular focus on collaboration systems and internal tools.
- Provide application administrative support across applications as needed.
- Ensure the effective organisation and review of task delegation to the team.
- 3+ years of experience in Applications Support or similar role.
- 3+ years of Vendor management.
- Experience in implementation, adoption, and customisation of software technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience with application implementations, support, enhancements, and integrations.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain system changes and functionality to employees business-wide.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team.
- Encouraged work life balance.
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you.
- Access to a range of mental health and wellbeing supportive initiatives, including confidential counselling services.
To apply, click on the apply button and upload your cover letter, current resume and key selection criteria addressing the position description selection criteria before the closing date, midday Wednesday 10 August 2022.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and police check.
For any additional questions, please contact Len Gemelli, Interim Executive Manager Information and Communication Technology on 0417 362 907.