- Permanent Full Time
- Monthly RDO
- Band 6 Salary range from $81,777 to $88,340 per annum plus statutory superannuation
The City of Ballarat, 100km west of Melbourne’s CBD, is one of the largest, fastest growing and most vibrant regional cities in the country. Ballarat is uniquely located with easy access to Melbourne, Geelong and Bendigo and is the Western Victorian capital for a region of 250,000 people.
The role of the Environmental Compliance Officer involves the development, implementation and management of compliance controls for the City of Ballarat’s Environmental Services Unit. This role primarily relates to environmental and planning compliance, which includes:
- Smythesdale Landfill
- Closed landfills; and
- Council’s Transfer Station.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in compliance, environmental science or management or a related field, with some relevant experience, or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience in specialist area.
- Substantive experience in contract management in both service delivery and projects.
- The ability to prepare, monitor and manage departmental or capital budgets.
- Ability to develop and evaluate policies relating to waste and waste management.
- A demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication skills, including experience in preparation of written reports.
- The ability to conceptualise at a strategic level and translate innovative ideas to practical application.
- A “can-do” approach in operating within a challenging and complex environment and adhering to legislation and procedure.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.
- Demonstrated ability to champion, model and promote the corporate values.
- Australian Drivers Licence
How to apply:
To apply for this position please click on the Apply button and submit your application.
The closing date for this position is 12 noon Monday, 8th August 2022. Please ensure that you provide a current resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check.
For further information on this position, please contact Lya Assef, Landfill Manager on
043 006 812/ email@example.com
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility. We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you are short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you are applying for.