- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Annualised Band 6 Salary Packages from $104,572 to $113,158 per annum (inclusive of 10.5% super)
- Flexible working conditions
The City of Ballarat’s Visitor Economy Team leads the region’s destination marketing. We work on a range of initiatives to impress potential visitors, inspire our community to invite their friends and relatives to stay and, to showcase a city that motivates people to live, work, study and invest in Ballarat. Post-COVID, we have a very important role to play in the region’s tourism recovery.
The position of Marketing Officer reports to the Coordinator City Marketing and is responsible for the development and implementation of proactive, high-impact and multi-channel marketing and advertising campaigns that promote Ballarat.
The successful candidate will provide marketing services to position and amplify Ballarat as a destination to visit, live, work and invest by leading the brand management, and development and implementation of innovative end-to-end marketing campaigns, as well as operate as a marketing advisor for other City of Ballarat business units.
The ideal candidate has experience in marketing or a similar field and is passionate about tourism. If you are looking to grow your skills, have a keen eye for detail and work well in a team, then this could be the job for you.
Key selection criteria
- Experience in marketing, and/or a relevant qualification in a similar field
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing a broad range of marketing campaigns; using a variety of marketing and advertising strategies and tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent oral and written communication skills to prepare marketing strategies and other correspondence
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working within a dynamic high-pressure team environment and managing competing priorities and tight timeframes
- Understanding of the Visitor Economy environment
Click on the Apply button and submit your application.
The closing date for this position is 12 noon Monday 11th July 2022. Please ensure that you provide a cover letter, current resume and answer screening questions based on the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check. Covid-19 vaccinations are required for this role.
For any additional questions, please contact Alicia Thomas, Coordinator Marketing on 0428 397 965.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.