- Permanent, Part-time position (0.92 FTE) working 35 hours per week
- Annual Band 4 Salary Range from $62,630 to $66,755 pro-rata plus statutory superannuation
- An exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic close-knit team
About the City of Ballarat
The City of Ballarat, 100km west of Melbourne’s CBD is one of the largest inland regional cities in the country. Ballarat is uniquely located with easy access to Melbourne, Geelong and Bendigo and is the Western Victorian capital for a region of 250,000 people.
The City of Ballarat has a growing economy that attracts and retains innovative businesses, employs a highly skilled workforce and attracts new residents whilst promoting the city’s unique heritage and vibrant cultural life. It has all the services, retail and entertainment opportunities you'd find in a capital city but with a relaxed country attitude. With affordable housing at a fraction of Melbourne prices and a progressive leadership team, now is a great time to join the City of Ballarat.
The Administration Officer is required to deliver as part of a team, high quality administrative functions and support across the Regulatory Services Units of Environmental Health, Animal Shelter, Traffic Amenity, Compliance and Building Services in accordance with established procedures and statutory requirements.
This role ensures the efficient and effective management of Regulatory Services statutory registers and provides the first point of contact and customer service point for the department, providing initial advice and appropriate referral.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in an administrative role, ideally within a regulatory environment or industry with transferable skills.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and information technology, coupled with high level communication and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated ability to investigate and analyse data with a high level of attention to detail.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualifications and experience as listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to champion, model and promote the corporate values.
- Substantial experience in providing administrative support in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using a range of methods, including face to face, telephone, email, minute taking and written correspondence.
- Excellent conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and IT systems for input of and management of data, such as that of a corporate nature.
- High level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all work produced.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams and individuals across a range of service provision.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area and their effective management.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and submit your application. Applications close 12 noon Monday 11th July 2022.
Please ensure that you provide a cover letter and a current resume and address the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check. Covid-19 vaccinations are required for this role.
For further information on this position, please contact Andrew Hancock, Team Leader Regulatory Services Administration Technical Support on 03 5320 5865.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility. We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.