- Permanent, Full-time opportunity
- Annual Band 5 Salary range from $68,571 to $78,277 plus statutory superannuation
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
As Compliance Officer you will provide effective customer service by responding to and investigating enquiries and complaints relating to compliance issues and administer the requirements of legislation, policies and procedures to ensure community safety and wellbeing, the protection, enhancement and conservation of our natural and built environment.
Key Selection Criteria
- Completion of training course(s) in Municipal Law Enforcement and/or demonstrated knowledge of the legislation, regulations and Local Laws relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in legislative enforcement, investigations and prosecutions including the ability to provide quality recommendations and resolutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the interpretation and implementing of State and Local Planning Scheme provisions and the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- A ‘can do’ approach with people, working cooperatively with teams and individuals across a range of service provision.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as Microsoft office and database packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S issues relevant to work activities and work area.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, the successful candidate will ideally have the following knowledge and experience:
- To undertake a range of activities to meet Council’s Local Laws, Planning Enforcement and Litter Enforcement responsibilities of the City of Ballarat.
- To provide effective customer service by responding to and investigating enquiries and complaints relating to compliance issues, provide effective prosecution of cases and administer the requirements of legislation, policies and procedures relative to the position.
- To ensure community safety and wellbeing, the protection, enhancement and conservation of our natural and built environment.
To apply for this position please click on the Apply button and submit your application.
The closing date for this position is 12 noon Monday 27th June 2022.
Please ensure that you provide a cover letter, current resume and answer screening questions based on the key selection criteria.
For any additional questions, please contact Suzie Verdoorn, Coordinator Compliance, Parking and School Crossings on 0447 674 126.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.