- Full-Time Fixed Term 12 months with potential ongoing opportunities within organisation
- Annual Band 4 Salary range from $62,630 to $66,755 pro rata plus statutory superannuation
- Monthly RDO
About the City of Ballarat
The City of Ballarat, 100km west of Melbourne’s CBD is one of the largest inland regional cities in the country. Ballarat is uniquely located with easy access to Melbourne, Geelong and Bendigo and is the Western Victorian capital for a region of 250,000 people.
The City of Ballarat has a growing economy that attracts and retains innovative businesses, employs a highly skilled workforce and attracts new residents whilst promoting the city’s unique heritage and vibrant cultural life. It has all the services, retail and entertainment opportunities you'd find in a capital city but with a relaxed country attitude. With affordable housing at a fraction of Melbourne prices and a progressive leadership team, now is a great time to join the City of Ballarat.
The City of Ballarat currently has an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Term Full Time position in the Waste and Environment Unit.
The position plays a key role in contributing to the success of the Environment Business Unit. The incumbent will work closely with the Environment Business and Technical Officer to ensure that the day to day business and support needs of the Environmental unit in achieving high level service to the community.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic person with team orientated values to join this dynamic team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for customer service communications, financial support, data entry and analysing, providing education to the community and other administration support tasks.
Key Selection Criteria
- Certificate in Business Administration or substantial experience in similar administrative roles in an office environment.
- Excellent word processing skills and accuracy in data entry, along with demonstrated experience with a wide range of Windows based databases and applications.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations, showing initiative in responding to challenging and competing work tasks and demands.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
- Local Government experience desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.
To apply for this position please click on the Apply button and submit your application.
The closing date for this position is 12 noon Monday 27th June 2022 Please ensure that you provide a current resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check and COVID-19 vaccinations are required for this role.
For any additional questions, please contact Ruby Ogier, Environment Business and Technical Officer on 03 5320 7400.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility. We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.