- Part time position (School Term based)
- Hourly rate: $29.33 plus applicable superannuation
- Training provided
An opportunity exists at the Ballarat Aquatic & Lifestyle Centre to join our Aquatic Programs team in the role of Swim Teacher. Successful applicants will be teaching children and adults to swim and to be safer around aquatic environments.
This position requires a positive, energetic and vibrant attitude, a willingness to learn and continuously improve, and the ability to work well within a team.
We are able to offer flexible morning, afternoon, and evenings shifts during the school term on our 6 day roster, Monday through to Saturday.
Full training will be provided to you if you don’t already hold your swim teacher qualification.
- Working with Children Check
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR
- AUSTSWIM Teacher qualification(s) and / or a willingness to obtain or advance your certification
The successful applicant should have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and contribute in a way that adds to the effectiveness of the team
- The desire to deliver high quality lessons
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in industry training and professional development courses
To apply for this position please click on the Apply button and submit your application. Please ensure that you provide a cover letter, current resume and answer screening questions based on the key selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check and COVID-19 vaccinations are required for this role.
This role is a part time position with minimum hours anticipated to be approximately 12 hours per fortnight during the school term however additional hours may be available. The hourly rate is $29.33 plus applicable superannuation (junior rates will apply under the age of 21 years).
For further information on the above position contact Leanne White, Aquatic Education Team Leader, on 5329 1684.
The City of Ballarat has a zero tolerance for child abuse and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and children with disability.