- Casual Positions
- Salary range $45.37 to $49.52 per hour, plus 10% superannuation depending on qualification
- Location of work – Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre
The Ballarat Aquatic Lifestyle Centre are seeking an energetic Group Fitness Instructure who is passionate about the health and fitness industry to join the team of dedicated staff.
Reporting to the Fitness and Community Engagement Team Leader, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated professional who is focused on developing their career within the Health, Fitness and Lifestyle industry.
At the Ballarat Aquatic Centre a positive and customer focused culture is imperative in making the Centre a fantastic place to work and visit by the members of our community.
Flexible hours and days are required for this role over a 7-day roster between the hours 6am - 9pm.
- Providing industry leading group fitness programs to the BALC.
- Instruct participants in a class situation in a safe and controlled environment
- Plan and provide structured, enjoyable classes for members and causal users.
- Facilitating quality services in accordance with sound environmental practices consistent with various relevant authorities, legislation, guidelines and Codes of Practice relevant to a major regional aquatic centre.
- Ensuring that the BALC provides quality customer service at all times.
- To be approachable and assist colleagues to the best ability when required.
- Motivate, educate and enhance each participant’s experience.
- Certificate III or IV in Fitness or GEL (Group Exercise Leader), or relevant group fitness qualifications (e.g.: Les Mills, Cycle, WETS, Tai Chi, Yoga, Zumba) Candidates will only be engaged for shifts where they have the relevant qualifications.
- Current Level 2 First Aid, including current CPR.
- Current Working with Children Check (Employee)
- Current registration with Fitness Australia and /or Physical Activity Australia
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualifications and experience as listed above.
- Current registration with Physical Activity Australia or Fitness Australia. (Preferred)
- Be committed to on-going personal and professional development to maintain industry knowledge at the highest level giving the ability to design and implement safe and effective exercise programs and instructing participants in correct exercise technique.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to implement and monitor adherence to health and safety policies and procedures within a team environment.
- National Police Check
- Flexibility to work across a seven (7) day roster.
To apply for this position Click Apply Now. Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria and attach a cover letter with your resume. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check and COVID-19 vaccinations are required for this role.
For further information on the above position contact Josh Davidson, Fitness and Community Engagement Team Leader, on 5329 1687.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.
We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace.
We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.