- Casual position
- Hourly rate: $36.66 includes 25% loading plus 10% superannuation.
- Junior rates will apply under the age of 21 years
The Ballarat Aquatic Lifestyle Centre are seeking an energetic Health Club Officer who is passionate about the health and fitness industry to join the team of dedicated staff.
Reporting to the Fitness and Community Engagement Team Leader, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated professional who is focused on developing their career within the Health, Fitness and Lifestyle industry.
At the Ballarat Aquatic Centre a positive and customer focused culture is imperative in making the Centre a fantastic place to work and visit by the members of our community.
Flexible hours and days are required for this role over a 7-day roster between the hours 6am - 9pm
Health and Wellbeing Officer's Role
- Conduct health and wellbeing screening and evaluation of members.
- Design safe and effective exercise programs.
- Conduct program demonstrations and instruct members in correct exercise technique on the gym floor.
- Responding to questions and minor problems that arise day to day on the gym floor and in a one to one environment.
- Maintain the gym area in a clean and tidy fashion throughout each shift.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policy and procedures.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualifications and experience as listed below:
- Experience working within a similar role in the fitness industry delivering Health assessments and programming holding the required certificates and registrations.
- Certificate III in Fitness (essential).
- Certificate IV in Fitness (preferred).
- Registration with Fitness Australia or approved equivilent.
- Current Level 2 First Aid certificate, including current CPR.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Be committed to on-going personal and professional development to maintain industry knowledge and professional skills at the highest level.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Be proactive and motivate to succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and monitor adherence to health and safety policies and procedures within a team environment.
- National Police Check
- Flexibility to work across a seven (7) day roster
To be considered for this role you must address the key selection criteria with your application.
To apply for this position please visit click on the Apply button and submit your application.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full employment medical and police check and COVID-19 vaccinations are required for this role.
For further information on the above position contact Josh Davidson, Fitness and Community Engagement Team Leader, on 5329 1687.
The City of Ballarat has a zero tolerance for child abuse and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and children with disability.